Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
For two different tastes, roll half of these balls in icing sugar and the rest in coconut. Store in airtight containers or freeze.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped dates
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped candied cherries or 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- sifted icing sugar or desiccated coconut
- In large skillet, combine eggs, dates and brown sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes or until mixture is thick and smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal, walnuts, cherries, vanilla and salt. Let cool for about 30 minutes.
- With lightly greased hands, shape dough into 2-inch balls and roll in icing sugar. Makes about 60.
- Canadian Living.