Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
A wonderful "ZAAR" chef by the name AuntWoofieWoof sent me some of her Savory Steak Seasoning (for all types of meat) and I couldn't wait to try it :) I had a couple of pieces of tilapia and I mixed the seasoning with some cornmeal and I came up with a wonderful coating. To get the same taste as I did, please use the seasoning that is mentioned in this description. This recipe will make enough coating for 2 pieces. BTW,my SO came up with the name for this.:) Cooking time includes heating of oil. Submitted to "ZAAR" on October 21st.
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 pieces tilapia fillets, 4 ounces each (thaw if using frozen)
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning (I used Savory Steak Seasoning (for all types of meat))
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- canola oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place fish in a shallow dish (such as a pie plate) cover with buttermilk and let soak for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in another shallow dish mix together seasoning and cornmeal until well blended, then coat fish well on both sides.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium to medium high heat, until hot but not smoking.
- Add fish to skillet, being careful not to splash hot oil.
- Fry on both sides until golden brown,about 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily.