Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
You can leave the mussels and clams in the shell if you like; it makes for a very pretty dish. You can also add a few chopped anchovies to the oil before the garlic, but make sure you are careful adding salt.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 15 clams
- 1⁄4 lb scallops
- 1⁄4 lb lobster
- 12 black mussels
- 5 ounces calamari, cut into thin rings
- 1⁄2 glass dry white wine
- 10 ounces linguine
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- red pepper flakes
- Heat Oil. Add garlic, onions, wine, and capers. Take it to boil once it's boiling take it to low and cook for about 30 minutes (stir every 10 minutes).
- Clean and steam mussels and clams (discard the ones that do not open).
- Cut calamari in strips about 1/4-inch width.
- Mix seafood with tomato sauce and cook for 5-10 minutes, until seafood is cooked.
- Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper to taste.
- Mix all with your pasta. Serve immediately.