Recipe by Chef Cindee, CA
On a whim, one day I added banana & orange zest to my favorite zucchini muffin batter. WOW! DH & our 5 DS' couldn't get enough of these yummy treats, hope you enjoy them too. These freeze very well.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (do not peel)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large very ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & cinnamon into a medium bowl & whisk to combine, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sugar & eggs, beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Slowley add oil, beating for 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini, vanilla, banana, & orange zest, blending well.
- Stir in walnuts & raisins.
- Add dry ingredients to above mixture & mix lightly until just combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill 24 paper lined muffin cups each 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, then remove muffins to a cooling rack.