Recipe by A Messy Cook
Really simple, but I just love having this in the morning. I thought someone else might like this idea for their own breakfast. It doesn’t have any refined sugar and is very low in fat, but it’s sure got plenty of flavor! Lots of calcium and fiber, too. Enjoy!
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 -2 tablespoon 100% fruit preserves (strawberry and blueberry are both good)
- 1 ripe bananas or 1 blueberries
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup granola cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix yogurt and fruit preserves well in small bowl.
- Slice banana in 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch slices and stir gently into yogurt.
- Sprinkle with granola and enjoy!
- You can use any crunchy cereal you want, like Kashi, Cracklin’ Oat Bran, or Honey Bunches of Oats. Choose any fruit you want, any jelly you want, and adjust amounts to your liking. Use your imagination! I have used pure maple syrup instead of jelly, and that's really good too.