Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 5⁄8 cup rolled oats
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 pear, grated (ripe)
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Soak raisin in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Grease and flour an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar,sunflower seeds and oats.
- In a smaller bowl mix apple, pear, raisins, eggs, milk, and oil.
- Pour in the dry ingredients and mix until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until done.
- Cool on wire rack.