Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this for lunch recently. Sort of has the "Waldorf Salad" taste with tuna.. YUMMY!!! Found on Land O Lakes website. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped apple
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well-drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 4 French rolls, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Combine all ingredients except rolls and lettuce leaves in medium bowl; mix lightly.
- To assemble each sandwich, line bottom half of each roll with lettuce leaf. Spread with 1/4 tuna mixture; top with bun top.
I made this using whole wheat bread and grilled it on the panini making it more of a fancy grilled cheese and the whole family enjoyed it. I used the leftovers to top my green salad for lunch today and it was lovely. Thanks for posting!
I couldn't quite picture how this was going to turn out, but was intrigued enough to try it. Loved it! This was a great change of pace from what I usually do with tuna and will be made again when I am craving something sweeter and crunchier. Thanks for posting!
What?!? Whoever thought of putting tuna, pineapple and almonds together was crazy! A crazy genious, but crazy! This is delicious! I didn't find it to be sweet at all, but I used unsweetened pineapple. Made exactly as directed, I will be making this again! Made for Kittencal's Green tag. Thanks kittycatmom! :)