1/1 Photo of Fruity Tea Loaf
Found this in a Gooseberry Patch pamphlet sent to me featuring recipes using raisins. I used dried cranberries when I made it instead of raisins. I think any dried fruit would work well, like dried cherries or pineapple. I warmed my slices and used for breakfast with a spread of peanut butter. I used the glaze but can see this being good without it too. The orange flavor added a nice depth to the bread and balanced out the cranberries I used. This can also be made into three 5x3" mini loaf pans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (I used low-fat)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 6 ounces raisins (I used dried cranberries)
- 3/4 cup walnuts (optional or use your favorite nut)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x5" loaf pan (can also fit into three 5x3" mini pans).
- 2Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and then set aside.
- 3Stir together sugar, yogurt, oil, eggs, vanilla and zest.
- 4Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir gently until well mixed (don't over mix or the loaf will be dry). Stir in dried fruit and nuts gently.
- 5Pour batter into pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until pick comes out clean (if using mini pans bake 25-30 minutes).
- 6Cool on wire rack 10 minutes before turning out.
- 7Stir together the ingredients for the glaze - watching the amount of orange juice to make it a nice pourable glaze and not too runny.
- 8Drizzle over cooled loaf.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruity Tea Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.0
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 197.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 40.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g