Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
Very popular with afternoon tea across the pond.
Make and share this Fruity Tea Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 1 package fast-rising active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 ounce caster sugar
- 3 ounces dried apricots, chopped
- 3 ounces dried figs, chopped or 3 ounces sultanas
- 2 ounces pecans, chopped
- 10 fluid ounces milk, lukewarm
- clear honey, to glaze
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl, and rub in the butter.
- Stir in the yeast, spices, sugar, fruit and nuts.
- Add the milk and mix to a dough.
- Turn out onto a floured work surface.
- Knead lightly for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut into 2 equal-sized pieces.
- Shape to fit two 1-pound loaf tins.
- Place in greased loaf tins.
- Cover with oiled polyethylene and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Bake at 425°F for 30-40 minutes.
- Brush with honey to glaze.