2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Very popular with afternoon tea across the pond.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 1 package fast-rising active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 ounce caster sugar
- 3 ounces dried apricots, chopped
- 3 ounces dried figs, chopped or 3 ounces sultanas
- 2 ounces pecans, chopped
- 10 fluid ounces milk, lukewarm
- clear honey, to glaze
- 1Sift the flour and salt into a bowl, and rub in the butter.
- 2Stir in the yeast, spices, sugar, fruit and nuts.
- 3Add the milk and mix to a dough.
- 4Turn out onto a floured work surface.
- 5Knead lightly for 5-10 minutes.
- 6Cut into 2 equal-sized pieces.
- 7Shape to fit two 1-pound loaf tins.
- 8Place in greased loaf tins.
- 9Cover with oiled polyethylene and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- 10Bake at 425°F for 30-40 minutes.
- 11Brush with honey to glaze.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruity Tea Bread
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.6
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.9 mg
- Sodium 313.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder