Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Very flavorful side dish, Do Not canned sweet potatoes, they will burn. This is for fresh sweet potatoes.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes or 6 medium yams
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Peel sweet potatoes if you wish, and cut into cubes, or slices.
- In a bowl, mix together applesauce, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon, and spoon this mixture over potatoes.
- Cover, and cook on low 6-8 hours in a slow cooker or until potatoes are tender.
- Mash potatoes and sauce together if you wish with a large spoon, or spoon potatoes into serving dish and top with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with nuts if you wish.