Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is such a nice change from the same old frech toast recipe. Easy and Yummy - Your family will thank-you on Saturday morning for the plesant change of pace.
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half or 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 slices French bread
- 1⁄2 cup soft cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons jam (I like blackberry)
- powdered sugar
- Mix eggs, vanilla and milk.
- Spread four slices of the bread with the soft cream cheese then jam.
- Top with another slice of bread- sandwich.
- Dip into egg mixture and cook like your usual french toast.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
So easy, yet so delicious!
Delish!! I used fresh sweetened strawberries and also added powdered sugar to the cream cheese and cinnamon to the batter. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
This is really good. The only problem I had was waiting for the cream cheese to soften on the counter...LOL. The kids loved it. I used blackberry jam and strawberry jam and put some cinnamon in the milk/egg mixture and used regular bread.