Recipe by Baby Kato
Who knew...you could have so much fun with tea. This is so good, you won't believe it. Warning, this is not the tea that mom made. I hope that you enjoy this delightful hot treat.
Top Review by loof
Not your momma's tea is right - but oh so good! I used the 1/2 cup water to brew fresh tea instead of using the instant tea, otherwise made as specified. All the fruit flavors worked well together and of course the rum was a great touch. Thanks for posting this yummy tea recipe! Made for the Comfort Cafe event, January 2009
- 2 1⁄2 cups apricot nectar
- 1 cup orange juice, orange
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice, pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, brown (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ground
- 4 whole cloves, whole
- 4 lemon slices
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons instant tea powder, lemon
- 2 ounces white rum, white
- 4 cinnamon sticks (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size pot, combine the apricot nectar, orange & pineapple juices, water, sugar, ground cinnamon, cloves and lemon slices.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Next stir in the rum and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Now add the instant tea, mixing well.
- Strain the tea mixture and pour into warm mugs.
- Garnish with the cinnamon stick, for stirring.
- This is best when served hot.