Recipe by Tarteausucre
This simple fruity sangria requires some patience, but minimal effort.
Top Review by Elmotoo
By using juice instead of other liqueurs, this is a fruity, light sangria that you can drink all afternoon & still function properly! Made for grapefruit tag in the Spain/Portugal forum 6/12.
- 8 cups dry red wine
- 8 cups apple juice
- 1 small grapefruit, cut into eights
- 1 medium orange, sliced thin crosswise
- 1 medium lemon, sliced thin crosswise
- 1 small pear, diced
- 1 medium apple, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the wine, apple juice, and grapefruit pieces in a large pitcher. Mix well, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, add the orange and lemon slices to the wine. Refrigerate for 3 more hours.
- Add the pear and apple to the mixture, then allow to stand for a further 1 hour to absorb the flavor fully. Mix well and serve over ice.