1/3 Photos of Fruity Roast Pork With Fruity Port Sauce
This is one I came up with myself, but I give Marie Alice credit for some inspiration. This would be nice for a dinner party or Christmas, but it was quick enough for a normal dinner for us.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g pork tenderloin, filet
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb, i used sage and onion (stuffing mix)
- 1 lemon, zest of
- cracked black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- 4 -6 slices bacon
- 1Preheat oven to 190c.
- 2Trim tenderloin of any fat and silver skin: cut a deep pocket the length of the fillet, being careful not to cut right through.
- 3Mix together apple, craisins, stuffing mix (seasoned breadcrumbs), zest, black pepper and enough water to make a moist stuffing.
- 4Fill the pocket in the filet with this stuffing, pressing the edges together as much as you can.
- 5Trim bacon to fit around the filet (at the narrower end, 1/2 slices might fit).
- 6Secure with wooden skewers, to hold the bacon in place and help keep the meat together.
- 7Place on a baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes, or until done to your liking.
- 8Allow to rest a few minutes before carving and serving with the sauce.
- 930 minutes will result in a nice pink juicy roast.
- 10Whilst the meat is cooking prepare your sauce.
- 12Heat the oil in a fry pan, and cook the onion until golden.
- 13Add the port and chicken stock and reduce by half.
- 14Add the lemon juice, cream, cranberry sauce and craisins and reduce again until it reaches a nice sauce consistency.
- 15Add the black pepper and chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruity Roast Pork With Fruity Port Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 766.2
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 158.3 mg
- Sodium 772.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 31.7 g
- Protein 43.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of