1/3 Photos of Fruity Rice Meringue
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Apples, cherries, peaches, apricots or rhubarb all work will in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine rice, sugar, milk in a saucepan; stir constantly over heat until mixture reaches boiling point.
- 2Reduce heat to lowest setting; cover and cook for about an hour, or until rice is tender and mixture is thick and creamy, stirring from time to time.
- 3Stir in vanilla essence.
- 4Spread rice mixture over base of an ovenproof dish (7-cup capacity)
- 5top evenly with fruit.
- 6Beat egg whites in bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- 7Gradually add extra sugar; continue beating until mixture is thick, shiny and glossy.
- 8Spoon meringue mixture into dish to completely cover fruit.
- 9Bake at 180C for about 20-30 mins, or until meringue is evenly browned.
- 10Serve warm with thin cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruity Rice Meringue
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.9
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 99.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: