Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From "Summer Slow Cooker Meals" from Taste of Home.
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks, unsweetened
- 2 cups strawberries, fresh, sliced
- 2 cups grapes, green
- 15 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh
- 1 cup nectarine, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 c juice. (Discard remaining juice or save for another use.) In a bowl, combine pineapple, strawberries, grapes, oranges, blueberries and the nectarines.
- In another bowl, combine the lemon juice, honey, nutmeg and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over fruit; mix gently.Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- NOTE: Cooking time is refrigeration time.
This was amazing! Made for DS to take to school and share with his teacher/class for teacher appreciation week; just put it in individual soufflé cups. Was very light and fresh and DS said everyone ate it...after cookies of course. I liked the extra sweet/spice the honey/nutmeg adds, but it is not too overwhelming. Made for Cookbook Tag.
Oh boy what a nice fruity salad. I really liked the use of the honey and nutmeg for dressing the fruits. I did have to change out the nectarine (not in season here) and added some kiwi fruits. I love that you can change this a bit based on what you have in the refrigerator. Made for 123 Hits tag game!
Yummy! A great combination -- my amounts of fruit varied a bit from the ingredients -- I also think this is very adaptable to whichever fruit are on hand -- or maybe even using frozen berries in the winter. Thanks for sharing this keeper fruit salad which we will be having often!