Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is based on a breakfast- or lunch-time recipe a co-worker gave me. It calls for a packet of gelatin; at some point, I'll add the exact gelatin measurement. The fruit can be any combination you desire.
- 1 ounce plain gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup cottage cheese
- 12 ounces fruit (she uses apples, pineapple, and berries, peeled and ready to eat)
- 4 teaspoons Splenda granular
- Stir the water and gelatin together and heat for 1 minute until thickened.
- Allow to thicken for another 2 minutes.
- Add fruit, gelatin mixture, cheeses, and Splenda to blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into serving containers and chill until serving time.
I didn't see the water amount listed and so went with the one cup that the pkg. directions give for my 1oz. Knox gelatin envelope. I used a combination of plain yogurt and cottage cheese in the blender along with some fresh watermelon, 1 sliced pear and some frozen blackberries. A wheird combination I know, but it tasted great. The secret here to getting the mousse consistency is refrigerating for at least one hour b/f serving. A light dessert or mid-day snacky. Made as a recipenap for Vegan Swap.