Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
A healthy, satisfying breakfast dish, which is ready in minutes and will keep hunger pangs at bay for hours. Depending on the fruit you use, the porridge will end up a strange purply-pink colour, but don't let that put you off - it will taste great!
- 30 g rolled oats
- 175 ml milk (I use semi-skimmed)
- 80 g frozen berries (my mixture includes raspberries, cherries, blackcurrants and loganberries)
- Put the oats and milk into a large, wide bowl or jug (I use a 1-litre measuring jug).
- Microwave on medium power (which for my microwave is 600W) for 4 minutes, stirring half-way through.
- Stir in the frozen berries, then microwave on full power (for me, 1000W) for 1 minute.
- Stir well, and eat at once!
This is very tasty. I made it with frozen strawberries and it was was a little runnier than I liked it, next time I will use less water or milk. Definitely a keeper.
Made this for PAC and it was great. I tend to not have time to make a healthy meal at breakfast prior to work but this has changed that. So fast and easy using the microwave (I've always cooked on the stove before) and there was no loss of flavor in doing this. I did use fresh berries, strawberries and blueberries as that's what I had. Added them all at once when the oats had finished cooking, then just heated it for an additional 30 seconds. Also added 1 tablespoon of sweetened coconut as it's a favorite of mine with berries. A great recipe, easy to follow with a hearty, good taste. I'll sure be making it again.