Recipe by Syrinx
A healthy, satisfying breakfast dish, which is ready in minutes and will keep hunger pangs at bay for hours. Depending on the fruit you use, the porridge will end up a strange purply-pink colour, but don't let that put you off - it will taste great!
- 30 g rolled oats
- 175 ml milk (I use semi-skimmed)
- 80 g frozen berries (my mixture includes raspberries, cherries, blackcurrants and loganberries)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the oats and milk into a large, wide bowl or jug (I use a 1-litre measuring jug).
- Microwave on medium power (which for my microwave is 600W) for 4 minutes, stirring half-way through.
- Stir in the frozen berries, then microwave on full power (for me, 1000W) for 1 minute.
- Stir well, and eat at once!