Recipe by Unknown in Derby, Uk
I read this recipe and long time ago, but since adapted to the kid's taste. If your getting bored of the same type of meat on your table each evening, then i suggest you use this recipe to jazz it up abit. It's slightly tangy but a succulent meal.
- 25 g butter
- 1 large red onion (cut into wedges!)
- 1 garlic clove (Finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 pork chops
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- mixed spice (to taste)
- 200 ml freshly squeezed clementine juice
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- salt and pepper
- 3 clementines (peeled and sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large frying pan and brown both sides of the pork chops.
- Add the Garlic, Thyme and onions and cook until softened.
- Sprinkle the sugar and mixws spice over the chops and pour the juice over. Bring to boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour with one tablespoon of cold water to make a paste.
- Stir the paste into the juice and simmer until it thickens. Season to taste.
- Arrange the clementines over the chops and simmer for 2-3 minutes.