Recipe by ang_can_cook
This is great as a lite snack with a cup of coffee or as a dessert dish maybe for a party. They are bite size and addictive though so watch out.
Top Review by Ducky
Easy recipe and sweeter than expected. I made 15 mini cups as that is what was in the package. The filling makes a lot and I had enough left over to make another 10-15 mini cups. I used roasted unsalted cashews since the recipe didn't specify. Wasn't sure if these were to be served warm so I made these in the afternoon and briefly reheated before serving. The guests enjoyed and I will make again.
- 12 miniature phyllo cups
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups water
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup powdered milk
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄4 cup cashews (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove shells from package place on a ungreased cookie sheet, Set pan aside.
- Put apricots, raisins, ginger, and vanilla extract in a sauce pan with 3 cups water.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until fruit becomes plump.
- Drain water.
- Chop fruit and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together egg, cinnamon, sugar, powdered milk, and water just till foamy.
- Spoon about 1/2 tsp fruit mixture into each shell.
- Pour about 1 tsp egg mixture over filling (be careful not to overflow).
- Top each shell with 1/2 tsp cashews (or as much as will fit)and a bit of butter.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 minute or till tops start to brown.