Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Combining two of my favourite comfort foods, Fruity Pebbles cereal and cookies. My own recipe for my favourite kind of cookies, very popular with my friends and family whenever I make it. Disappears in an hour or less--along with a gallon of milk! Generic Fruity Pebbles-like cereal can be used as well, or really any other cereal you like. 2 small eggs can replace the large egg. Great for kids!
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda, and stir in cereal (and oats). Set aside this dry mixture.
- Cream together butter/margarine, oil, vanilla extract and sugar/Splenda.
- Add egg to wet mixture and mix well.
- Slowly stir in dry ingredients.
- Add the milk, mixing well.
- Drop with teaspoon onto cookie sheet lightly sprayed with Pam or other cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree (fahrenheit) oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Enjoy with milk!
In trying to get ready for our move I'm trying to use up my pantry stores. I have most of a box of fruity pebbles iceberry (strawberry) to use up so I tried this. I made a few subs. to try to make this a tad healthier including 2 egg whites for the whole egg, using the oil but subbing applesauce for the butter, and using white whole wheat flour. These are all subs. I make pretty regularly. My issue with these cookies is simply that the ratio of flour to cereal seems off. These are fine cookies, but have more of a flour flavor than anything else. I think I'd increase the cereal by at least a 1/2 cup and decrease the flour by that amount. Thanks for a great one to try! I appreciate it as I'm having a tough time using this cereal!