Recipe by BarbryT
A delightful snack or appetizer. Adapted from a Metropolitan Market handout. Note: You can adapt this recipe to make a Panzanella Salad by doubling the recipe, tearing the garlic bread into one-inch pieces and dicing the peaches and tomatoes into one-inch pieces.
Top Review by gailanng
This is the epitomy of the sight, smell and crunchy taste of summer. We had these wonderful morsels for breakfast. That should be okay for we live in shadows of the "City that Care Forgot"! Made for PRMR.
- 2 large-dice ripe plum tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup large-dice ripe fresh peach
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced red onion
- 8 large fresh basil leaves, finely shredded
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 baguette
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together the tomatoes, peaches, red onion, basil and vinegar with 2 T olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Let sit at room temperature while you make the garlic toasts.
- Mix the remaining olive oil with garlic in a small bowl. Cut the bread into serving slices (about 1/2-inch thick) and brush with the garlic oil.
- Toast or grill the bread slices until golden brown on both sides. Top each peice with a generous spoonful of the peach mixture; sprinkle with a little sea salt and serve.