Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
My mom doesn't like raisins, so this recipe suits her tastes. It's a twist on the traditional oatmeal cookie - using dried apricots in place of raisins.
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2⁄3 cup light butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried apricot, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, butter, water, and vanilla; mix well.
- Add oats, corn starch, flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- Stir in apricots.
- Drop by rounded 1/2 tablespoon (or by tablespoon for larger cookies) onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly on cookie sheet before removing; store in air-tight container for freshest cookies.