Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Oatmeal is so good and good for you.
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped peeled peaches or 1 cup chopped apple
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1⁄4 cup snipped pitted dates
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk or 1⁄2 cup milk, of choice
- In a medium saucepan bring water and salt to boiling, stir in oats, peaches or apple, raisins or dates, and cinnamon.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 2 minutes;.
- Divide oat mixture among 4 bowls, pour 2 tablespoons milk over each serving, enjoy.