1/1 Photo of Fruity Nutty Zucchini Muffins
Vino Girl's Note:
This recipe is a combination of a few different muffin and cake recipes, resulting in a very sweet, moist, and dense dessert-type muffin. I really like the mix of textures and flavors, and those who tried them have all said it reminds them of carrot cake. These are VERY sweet, so use your own judgement and cut back a bit on the sugar if you want (definitely do so if you use anything other than juice-packed or light syrup fruit cocktail). I used a yellow summer squash, and the yellow color was so pretty in this. Because of their high moisture content, keep these refrigerated for the best texture and "shelf" life.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups zucchini or 2 cups other summer squash, unpeeled and shredded
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can fruit cocktail in light syrup, drained
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sweetened coconut, shredded
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- cooking spray (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 325F; prepare muffin pans by either lining them with cupcake papers or by spraying them with cooking spray.
- 2Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a very large bowl.
- 3Combine zucchini, eggs, fruit cocktail, vanilla, applesauce, oil, coconut, and pecans in another large bowl.
- 4Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients, and stir gently just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- 5Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling them about 3/4 full (these muffins do not rise as much as some).
- 6Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 7Cool thoroughly and store tightly covered in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruity Nutty Zucchini Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.5
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 148.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g