1/2 Photos of Fruity-nutty Spinach Salad
Sweet, salty, crunchy, tender - this salad has it all. You can use real bacon, or like me, artificial bits and a dash of Liquid Smoke; I've included both alternatives. The pepper jelly in the dressing isn't hot, it just adds that rich pepper taste. A delicious salad! Serving amount is for salad eaten as a main dish. I've added cooking time for the bacon and hard-cooked eggs, if you don't already have them laying around to use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -3 1/2 cups washed & trimmed raw spinach leaves
- 3 slices bacon, crisply fried and crumbled or 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1/3 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries or 3 tablespoons dried cherries
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1Combine all salad ingredients and set aside.
- 2Briskly whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- 3Add more oil if needed, but I prefer this amount.
- 4Thoroughly combine dressing and salad, using as much dressing as you prefer.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruity-nutty Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 869.9
- Calories from Fat 736
- Total Fat 81.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 196.7 mg
- Sodium 293.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 12.6 g