Recipe by GEETA.OM
It's a highly nutritious healthy food, easy to make and long lasting. SATTU means a mixture of seven whole grains. My fore fathers use to take this complete food while traveling. Originally from north Indian villages, SATTU is Excellent for growing kids.
- 250 g wheat
- 250 g barley
- 250 g millet
- 250 g oats (cereal)
- 250 g indian chickpeas (gram)
- 250 g corn
- 100 g soybeans
- sugar or honey
- cold milk or water
- dried fruits or raisins or dates or walnuts or almonds or nuts, etc
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry and Roast all grains separately.
- Mix together and grind them into fine flour.
- Let it cool and store in an airtight jar.
- SATTU is ready.
- TO SERVE:.
- Mix 2 tblsp of SATTU with 100ml cold water or milk to make a viscous liquid ( like batter).
- Add sugar or honey and mix well.
- Garnish with dry nuts to your choice.
- Serve cold in a bowl.
- You may also add pieces of fruits - apples, bananas, grapes, etc.