Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious pasta salad that is a meal in itself, or a great accompaniment to cold chicken, turkey or ham. If I'm making this for a picnic or packed lunch, I add frozen sweetcorn kernels at the last minute. They keep the salad cool and fresh, and are thawed by the time we're ready to eat. It will keep well in the fridge as long as no-one knows it's there! Preparation time assumes you already have cold cooked pasta available.
- 4 cups cold cooked pasta (shapes)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 2 -3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen sweetcorn, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup salted peanuts
- Mix all ingredients.
- Add generous amounts of good mayonnaise to taste (enough to moisten and coat everything, without being sloppy).
- Mix and chill until needed.
This pasta salad was a big hit with the adults and kids alike at a summr party. It reminded me of a waldorf salad with pasta added. I did omit the sweetcorn and used light mayonnaise to make it figure freindly. Thanks for the great recipe!