Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
From Cooking Pleasures magazine
Make and share this Fruity Morning Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel, if desired
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries or 1 1⁄2 cups pitted cherries or 1 1⁄2 cups raspberries or 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1.Heat oven to 400°F Line 20 muffin cups with paper liners; spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2.In large bowl, stir together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 3.In medium bowl, whisk together banana, brown sugar, oil, orange juice, egg, orange peel and vanilla until blended. Stir in fruit until well-blended. Fold into flour mixture just until blended.
- 4.Fill muffin cups two-thirds full with batter; sprinkle with sugar. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.