Fruity Mampostial is a delicious twist on a traditional Puerto Rican dessert,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Ingredients for Syrup
- 1Put the water, brown or date sugar in a heavy pan.
- 2Simmer stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
- 3Add the pineapple juice and grated lemon peel and simmer till the syrup gets very thick.
- 4To make the mampostial, just add the coconut and the crushed pineapple to the thick syrup and cook it, stirring constantly until it gets very thick.
- 5You now have 2 options on how to use this thick candy mix.
- 6A. Pour it or dump it onto a non-stick cookie sheet and let it cool.
- 7After that you can cut it in squares and wrap them on plastic wrap and refrigerate them till you are ready to eat them.
- 8B. You can pour the thick candy mix from the pan into the prebaked pie crust and just chill in the refrigerator till you serve it.
- 9This will be further removed from the traditional mampostial but is simply yummy!
- 10These are two different variations of a delicious traditional dessert from Puerto Rico.
- 11You can find more tasty dishes with both a tropical and a Mediterranean flair completely free on my website: www.frontiernet.net/~rexfam.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruity Mampostial (Just a Sweet Easy Mess to Make for Dessert!)
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 946.8
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 91.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 228.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 222.2 g
- Protein 1.3 g