Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came from a lovely woman in New Zealand. She had lost lots of weight through using this salad every night. She would substitute or add any raw vegetables she had in the refrigerator. The lowfat secret is in the dressing.
- 2 cups packaged coleslaw mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup
Can add as desired
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup peapods
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup assorted fresh vegetable, to taste
- Drain half the juice from the pineapple and mandarin oranges.
- Mix mandarin oranges and pineapple chunks together in their reserved juice (1/2 of each).
- Add coleslaw mix to bowl and toss.
- Add other raw vegetables as desired.
This is very light tasting and quite easy to prepare. I like the sweet fruit with the crunch of the cabbage. This would be great in the heat of summer. I added broccoli florets but had some difficulty getting the dressing on them. This was made for Pick A Chef fall 2007.