Recipe by Pets'R'us
We love this sweet kugel! I buy the vermicelli for this in a little Turkish grocery store, I don't know or you will have to add more milk if you should substitute the vermicelli for broader noodles.
- 450 ml milk
- 4 ounces very fine vermicelli
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- some freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 2 ounces white sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 3 ounces no soak ready to eat dried apricots, chopped
- 3 ounces mix of other no soak ready to eat dried fruit, like raisins, dates, prunes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring the milk to the boil on a medium heat, then add the vermicelli, keep stirring and take of the heat when about half of the milk is absorbed, put aside but give it a stir now and then.
- Whisk the eggs together with the salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, the zests and the sugar, add the melted butter and the fruits, and then add the vermicelli, mixing everything together.
- Put this in a greased oven dish, scatter the almonds over it and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Take the dish out of the oven, leave to stand for a few minutes and serve.