Recipe by rainbowbrush
I have been making this for years, the whole family loves it. This is mild, so if your taste is for something a bit hotter just add more curry powder. I have keep it plain because of small kids.
- 1 kg lamb, diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 (250 ml) can crushed pineapple
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fruit chutney
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in pan over a medium gas flame and sauté meat and onion.
- Stir in curry powder and flour and gradually add water.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Add remaining ingredients (including liquid from the pineapple) and simmer gently over a low gas flame until meat is tender, approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with rice and a selection of accompaniments such as yoghurt, cucumber, banana slices and chutney.