Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a quick to mix and bake recipe suitable for packed lunches or after school snacks. My girls are now making it for their husbands and children :)
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 cup sugar (small cup)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sultanas (small cup) or 1 cup raisins (small cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons golden syrup (optional)
- Melt butter and sugar and golden syrup if using, in a pot over moderate heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add all other ingredients.
- Pat out into a sponge roll tin approx 12" x 8" and bake in a moderate oven, 350°F/180°C for 20 minutes.
- Cut into fingers/bars when cold.
Nice tasting bars, these! Being the raisin lover that I am, there's no way I'd use just a 'small cup' of those buggers, so, instead I used a generous cup of them! Anyway, the bars were still a great treat! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my teammates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #18]