Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is a old tradition for holidays. Past down by my grandmother. It is full of citrus and family always loves and request it for special meals. Listed as optional you can prepare to your taste. It stays firm on warm plates and goes great with poultry. Also very cheery and colorful. Looks very inviting on the table. Enjoy!
- 2 (3 ounce) packages orange Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges (drain off juice and set aside)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crushed pineapple (drain off juice set aside)
- 2 cups of sliced bananas
- 4 cups colored miniature marshmallows
- Dissolve jello in boiling water.
- Mix your fruit juices together (add water to make 3/4 cup if needed.).
- Pour juice into boiling water.
- Pour into 9x13-inch casserole dish of cake pan.
- Let set for 1 hours.
- Now add your drained pineapple, mandarin oranges and bananas (whip through jello well).
- Top with colored mini marshmallows as shown in picture.
- Let set till firm, serve.
- Top with whip cream and sprinkle on shredded mild cheddar cheese.(optional).
- Walnuts (optional).
- Note: By leaving out 1/2 cup of water than what directions call for on box. Keeps your jello firm for days, where otherwise will turn watery after it sets for awhile.
This was pretty good. It was very easy to make and it's a nice, refreshing dessert. Made for Fall PAC 2008.