Prep 35 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My mom makes this on every holiday, from Thanksgiving to Valentines Day, and from Christmas to Easter! My family and I love this berry classic.
- 1 (8 1/2 g) package unflavored gelatin
- 2 (8 1/2 g) packagesraspberry gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (3 ounce) canchopped pecans
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- In a medium bowl add unflavored gelatin over 1/2 cup water; set aside for a minute.
- Stir in raspberry-flavor gelatin and 2 cups of boiling water; dissolve it.
- Add to that mixture, the pineapple, pecans, and frozen raspberries, stirring to break up fruit chunks.
- Refrigerate until gelatin mixture mounds when you scoop with a spoon.
- Spoon half the gelatin mixture into a bundt mold; spread sour cream over gelatin (1/2-inch from sides) spoon remaining gelatin mixture over sour cream.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- To serve, unmold onto a chilled platter, garnish with berries.
Made for PAC, Spring 07 ~ This recipe certainly brought back memories, 'cause my own mom used to make something very similar YEARS & YEARS ago! The combination of flavors are very nice, & the resulting jello dish can be eaten as is, or with cottage cheese or even with soft ice cream! Thanks for letting me use your recipe!