Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Fresh and creamy, delicious dessert my grandmother used to make. You can use any flavor jello, and you can add fresh or canned fruit for extra eye-appeal. Cook time includes refrigeration.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil.
- Add jello and stir until COMPLETELY dissolved.
- Add cold water and refrigerate until almost set.
- Begin adding softened ice cream, small amounts at a time, and beat with hand mixer until smooth.
- Refrigerate until firm, 2-3 hours.
- OPTIONAL (this is very pretty in a clear glass bowl):When jello and ice cream mixture is completely set, drain a can of peaches or other fruit and layer on top of jello mixture.
- Repeat directions for jello with a second package; refrigerate until almost set, then pour carefully over fruit for a clear layer.
- Refrigerate until completely set.
I made this recipe and it was so delicious.I put fresh apples, peaches,pears and bananas in it.