Recipe by Sarah in New York
My mom makes this every summer! It's low fat and very refreshing. You can make so many different flavors, people never get sick of it. It is one of the most requested desserts that I make. Combination examples:. Orange jello & Mandarine oranges. Cherry jello & Maracino cherries. Strawberry jello & Chopped strawberries. Blueberry jello & Blueberries. (You get the picture! Endless possibilities.).
- 4 (3 ounce) boxes Jello gelatin (any flavor)
- 2 (10 ounce) containers Cool Whip
- 2 (11 ounce) cans canned fruit (any flavor)
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- 6 cups ice
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil 3 cups of water.
- Empty all four boxes of Jello into large bowl and mix in boiling water.
- Stir until completely dissolved, then pour in the remaining 2 cups of cold water.
- Stir in all of the ice until you see the jello start to set and get thick.
- (Take any remaining ice out with a slotted spoon.).
- Quickly add one tub of coolwhip and whip into jello by hand, once mixed in add the other tub as well. Mix until completely smooth.
- Put in the fridge to set for about 10-15 minutes.(Until alomost set).
- Drain whatever kind of canned, or fresh fruit you have and just stir it around until it is all through the jello mixture. (It should be set enough not to sink to the bottom).
- Put back in the fridge for 1 hour and serve!