Recipe by Random Rachel
Simple fruity cider.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this recipe for several reasons ~ I wanted to see if it was worth keeping around to make again during the end-of-the-year holidays (it definitely is worth it!) & fits my requirements for the tour! AND, I also get to toast my friends who are enjoying (hopefully) cold & wintery weather down under! Cheers! I really like the idea of using whole cranberries (frozen, in my case) & mashing some before serving ~ Sort of a FULL-BODIED beverage, I guess! And thanks, much for posting this great recipe! [made & reviewed during ZWT6 for Family Picks]
- 2 (680.38 g) can frozen apple juice concentrate
- 709.77 ml water
- 1304.07 g can pineapple juice
- 453.59 g cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 apples
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml raisins
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 7.39 ml clove
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Core apples and stuff with raisins and brown sugar. Bake at 350* for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Meanwhile, combine spices (except cinnamon) in a fine mesh tea infuser.
- When the apples are done, pour apple juice, pineapple juice, and water into crock pot. Add baked apples, cinnamon sticks, and cranberries. Cook on low for 5+ hours. Mash some of the cranberries before serving.
- You could also simmer it on the stove top for two hours instead.