Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is very rich and very different from any other chicken salad I have had. It is very easy to make low fat by using low fat Miracle whip and cream cheese. I have always loved the combination of sweet and salty so this works for me but it does seem to be a love it or hate it kind of recipe. I hope you love it! :wink:
- 6 ounces cream cheese, brought to room temp
- 1⁄3 cup Miracle Whip
- 3 cups diced rotisserie-cooked chicken or 3 cups grilled chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 15 ounces mandarin oranges, well drained
- 1⁄3 cup dry roasted almonds, chopped roughly (dry roasted)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- salt and pepper
- sugar (if needed) or Splenda sugar substitute (if needed)
- Cream the cream cheese and miracle whip together.
- Fold in the chicken then pineapple, onions, and then very carefully fold in oranges careful not to break them apart.
- Taste it at this time and if your fruit isn't very sweet you may want to add a tsp or 2 of sugar or Splenda to sweeten it a bit.
- Refrigerate till ready to serve and add almonds just before serving.
- Serve with crackers, bread, or rolls.
- Cook time doesn't include cook time for chicken or time to chill.