This is very rich and very different from any other chicken salad I have had. It is very easy to make low fat by using low fat Miracle whip and cream cheese. I have always loved the combination of sweet and salty so this works for me but it does seem to be a love it or hate it kind of recipe. I hope you love it! :wink:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces cream cheese, brought to room temp
- 1/3 cup Miracle Whip
- 3 cups diced rotisserie-cooked chicken or 3 cups grilled chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 15 ounces mandarin oranges, well drained
- 1/3 cup dry roasted almonds, chopped roughly (dry roasted)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- salt and pepper
- sugar (if needed) or Splenda sugar substitute (if needed)
- 1Cream the cream cheese and miracle whip together.
- 2Fold in the chicken then pineapple, onions, and then very carefully fold in oranges careful not to break them apart.
- 3Taste it at this time and if your fruit isn't very sweet you may want to add a tsp or 2 of sugar or Splenda to sweeten it a bit.
- 4Refrigerate till ready to serve and add almonds just before serving.
- 5Serve with crackers, bread, or rolls.
- 6Cook time doesn't include cook time for chicken or time to chill.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruity Hawaiian Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.1
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 139.1 mg
- Sodium 215.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 35.5 g