Recipe by ~Leslie~
This is a delicous salad that is great for lunch or dinner. I serve it with cheesy garlic bread and a glass of wine for a delicious meal. You can use the dressing listed, or your favourite, but I recommend a tangy dressing to offset the sweetness of the pineapple. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
This was a fantastic and fast evening meal! Very tasty and nutritious to boot! I left out the asparagus and it was still amazing. The dressing thickens nicely after refrigeration as directed. Love the fresh fruit here! I used mixed baby spring greens and it tasted every bit as good as it looked. Thanks Leslie!
- 946.36 ml mixed salad greens, cut bite sized
- 236.59 ml sliced strawberry
- 236.59 ml fresh pineapple chunk
- 4 asparagus spears, raw, cut on the diagonal
- 1 celery, cut on the diagonal
- 1 carrot, cut on the diagonal
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh chives
- 59.14 ml chopped cheese, chunks (your favourite kind)
- 2-3 grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 236.59 ml garlic-flavored croutons
- feshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml vinegar
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together egg and vinegar Put in a small pot and simmer, stirring well.
- Continue to simmer, add sugar and onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Chill in fridge for 1 hour.
- Grill chicken on the barbeque and slice, refrigerate until ready to use or serve hot on top of salad.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Toss all ingredients together with dressing and serve on large plates.
- Top with grilled chicken breast slices and freshly ground black pepper.