Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicous salad that is great for lunch or dinner. I serve it with cheesy garlic bread and a glass of wine for a delicious meal. You can use the dressing listed, or your favourite, but I recommend a tangy dressing to offset the sweetness of the pineapple. Hope you enjoy!
- 946.36 ml mixed salad greens, cut bite sized
- 236.59 ml sliced strawberry
- 236.59 ml fresh pineapple chunk
- 4 asparagus spears, raw, cut on the diagonal
- 1 celery, cut on the diagonal
- 1 carrot, cut on the diagonal
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh chives
- 59.14 ml chopped cheese, chunks (your favourite kind)
- 2-3 grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 236.59 ml garlic-flavored croutons
- feshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml vinegar
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- Beat together egg and vinegar Put in a small pot and simmer, stirring well.
- Continue to simmer, add sugar and onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Chill in fridge for 1 hour.
- Grill chicken on the barbeque and slice, refrigerate until ready to use or serve hot on top of salad.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Toss all ingredients together with dressing and serve on large plates.
- Top with grilled chicken breast slices and freshly ground black pepper.
This was a fantastic and fast evening meal! Very tasty and nutritious to boot! I left out the asparagus and it was still amazing. The dressing thickens nicely after refrigeration as directed. Love the fresh fruit here! I used mixed baby spring greens and it tasted every bit as good as it looked. Thanks Leslie!
I enjoy following recipes pretty much as written whenever possible, as much as anything else, just to see what the fuss is all about! Well, in this case, the fuss is all about A GREAT TASTING SALAD & its own dressing! Very nice! I liked the combo of strawberry & pineapple AND asparagus, something I probably would never have thought of combining! Got raves from my company & that's worth 10 stars in my book! Thanks for sharing a great recipe & a keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #20]