Recipe by Anna P.
A Healthy snack to make, and enjoy. Haven't had a chance to make this yet myself. Use your favorite dried fruit, figs, dates dried cranberries, cherries or blueberries in place of the apricots and raisins. Enjoy.
- 2 cups rolled oats or 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup diced dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or 1 tablespoon mild vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or brush with oil.
- Combine oats,wheat germ, apricots, raisins, sunflower seeds, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine melted butter and brown sugar in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in honey, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir liquid mixture into dry mixture until dry ingredients are evenly moistened.
- Press mixture firmly and evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and firm.
- Cool on wire rack before cutting into squares or bars.
- Wrap individually for easy grab and go breakfasts and snacks.