Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
One of my co workers made these and brought them to work to share. They are so much better than the store bought ones.
- 5 cups quick-cooking rolled oats (not instant)
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricot
- Combine oats and coconut in a medium bowl.
- Spread on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring every five minutes, until fragrant and coconut is golden.
- Mix condensed milk, applesauce, margarine, oil and honey in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add oats mixture and stir until moistened.
- Add cranberries and apricots and stir until well distributed.
- Line a 13x9 inch pan with foil, leaving one inch overhang on long sides.
- Spray well with cooking spray.
- Transfer mixture to pan and pack down firmly.
- Bake in a preheated 325F oven until set and golden, about 45 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Using foil over hang, lift mixture from pan.
- Carefully peel off and discard foil.
- Cut mixture into squares.
- Wipe blade of sharp knife or run under hot water in between cutting.
- Wrap bars individually in plastic wrap.
- Store at room temperature or place bars in resealable freezer bag to freeze for longer storage.