Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
My aunt gave me this recipe. She made it for thanksgiving last year 2006 and it was soo delicious. Everyone was fighting to take the leftovers home. It's not your traditional cola ham.
- 12 lbs ham (fully cooked and bone in)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice (no pulp)
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 3⁄4 cup cherry preserves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 20 -30 maraschino cherries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place ham in a large roasting pan.
- Trim most fat from ham, leaving some.
- Cut ham cross wise into diamond patterns all over ham. (enought to let glaze get to meat through the fat).
- Season ham with allspice.
- Pour the cola in pan and bake uncovered for about 1 hour, basting frequently about every 10 minutes.
- While ham is cooking, combine orange juice and liquer, cherry preserves until melted and fully combined.
- Remove ham from the oven and brush with the fruity glaze all over the ham.
- Return to the oven and continue to base frequently.
- You may cover with foil if it begins to brown too much.
- Cook until done or internal temp reads 140 degrees.
- Remove ham from oven and decorate with marshcino cherries.
- Let rest for about 30 minutes before slicing and serve with any left over glaze.