Recipe by Simply Chris
This easy to make gazpacho uses sweet fruit and hot pepper, making it a spicy and fruity alternative to the more traditional tomato based gazpacho. I usually serve this along with a crisp cold spinach salad. It's a perfect summer dinner. Prep time includes 2 hour chill time. This recipe is adapted from one in the Low Fat Living Cookbook. This recipe can be made up to 24 hours in advance.
- 1⁄2 honeydew melon, cubed
- 2 1⁄2 cups green grapes
- 1 avocado, halved
- 1 cucumber, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, halved
- 1⁄2 serrano chili, seeded
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the melon, 2 cups of the grapes, half the avocado, half the cucumber, half the green papper, the Serrano Chili, the lime rind, lime juice, basil, dill and parsley into a food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl.
- Cut the remaining 1/2 cup grapes into quarters and add to the bowl.
- Dice the remaining avocado, cucumber and green pepperand add to the bowl.
- stir in the scallions and white wine vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper and hot pepper sauce (if using).
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- For a pretty presentation, reserve some of the chopped green onions and sprinkle over each serving.