Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This french toast is great, and much lower in fat than traditional french toast. I used left-over egg bread, which defeats the purpose of a low-fat recipe, but think slices of any bread works just as well.
- 1 loaf bread, cut into thick slices
- 2 ripe bananas
- 6 -8 strawberries
- 3⁄4 cup 100% apple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- oil (for frying) or butter (for frying)
- additional strawberry, for slicing
- additional banana, for slicing
- Combine fruit, juice, eggs, and cinnamon with a mixer or blender (it's easier if you mash or chop the fruit before starting)
- Heat a frying pan at medium heat, using a small amount of oil or butter to grease the pan
- When the pan is ready, dip the bread briefly in the mixture, and add to pan (too much soaking will make it soggy)
- Cook until it begins to brown, and then flip over.
- While it is cooking, slice up some more strawberries and bananas.
- Serve with sliced fruit and maple syrup.