Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
From the Aug/Sept 2004 Taste of Home. Looks really good for a special weekend breakfast.
Make and share this Fruity French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- Place banana slices on two slices of toast.
- Sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar.
- Top with strawberries and remaining toast.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Dip toast in egg mixture, coating both sides.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Cook toast for 2-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with remaining powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.
Hm, when we attempted to make this the first time as listed, the inside of each piece of Texas toast did not cook up and was still wet from the egg mixture (even though the outside was done), so we had to throw that batch out. We tried another batch, this time frying the French Toast completely on each side first and then assembling the sandwiches afterward. The finished product that way was delicious! Next time I might also sprinkle a tad of sugar on the strawberries to bring out their sweetness just a little more, but I will definitely be making these again. That said, please let me know if we may have misunderstood something about the cooking directions, and I'll happily adjust the rating. Thanks!
This was really good. I loved the flavors of everything. Thank you