Recipe by Meryl
This is a delicious, non-fat, non-dairy French Toast. It's really different and tastes great.
Top Review by Lou
This is a great French Toast! A fruity, cinnamony taste with a nice moist texture. I had no problem with it being too soggy, as did the previous reviewer. I would guess that the previous reviewer soaked it too long and therefore ended up with an overly wet texture. The trick is to just dip it quickly in the fruit mixture. It is moister than regular French Toast because of the all-fruit mixture, but that's what I loved about it. I served it to my whole family and they also loved both the texture and the taste. And as an extra added benefit, it's completely nonfat. Tip: Use a good, hearty whole wheat bread. This is a keeper!
- 1 large banana
- 4 large strawberries
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend apple juice, fruit, and cinnamon in blender.
- Coat 2 large nonstick pans with cooking spray or a light coating of oil, and heat over medium.
- Dip bread briefly in the fruit mixture until just coated, (do not oversoak), and add 3 slices per pan.
- Cook on both sides until just beginning to brown, turning it over two or three times on each side to minimize sticking.
- Serve with maple syrup.