Recipe by dale!
This is something I created when I had excess fruit and hot weather. It is fabulous in summer, very cold and refreshing as well as healthy. Reminds me of a fruit slushy or sorbet but much cheaper and tastier. Can be made with whatever fruit you prefer, I keep frozen fruit in the freezer in zip lock bags now, just to make this and lately that's been every day! Prep time does not include freezing time.
Top Review by Sharon123
Well, this was just delicious! I used a banana, 4 strawberries,4 chunks of cantalope and some pineapple and orange juice. I had frozen orange juice and just added the pineapple juice to make it slushy. I will definately make this again! I will try mango next!
- 1 banana
- 1 kiwi fruit
- 3 strawberries (large)
- 1 slice fresh pineapple
- 500 ml fruit juice (tropical or pineapple are nice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice the banana.
- Peel and chop the kiwifruit.
- Halve the strawberries.
- If they are small add a few more.
- Chop the pineapple into smaller pieces.
- Lay all the fruit in a single layer in a dish or on a tray and put it all in the freezer.
- When it has frozen solid place all the fruit into the blender along with the juice.
- Blend until it's smooth and serve immediately.
- It should be quite thick, similar to sorbet, so use a spoon.
- This recipe is easily adapted to any fruit you may have.
- I plan to use mangos in the summertime when they are abundant.